rnassar

Video and electricity tester

Can anyone recommend a good video signal continuity tester so I can test my cables and BNC plugs?

If you want to use as a cat5 cable tester, continuity tester, voltage, current, impedance, VDC & VAC all in one with a colorbar generator for setting up monitor color and PTZ control with a 3.5' screen and 12v out to camera, (phew) then there are a few on the market.

It just depends how much you are willing to spend and where you live. You will get what you pay for, but because they are supplied to a limited market they aren't cheap, typically between £200 and £400 (work out the $$$$ for yourself please, I'm tired)

Do bear in mind, the better the item the more value for money you are likely to get out of it. I paid just over £200 for mine but I did risk ordering it from China, but it's been worth it's weight in gold. I have seen this in the UK for as much as £350 and no lower than £280.

CCTV is just an occaisional sideline for me but it has paid for itself in saved time and frustration, over and over.

89420copy-1.png

PS I have no commercial connection with the supplier of this product before anyone makes a snide comment

As for power just attach 9 volt batter at one end and lick the other end

or you can use a little bell or anything that is 9 volt related to show no shorts

Nice ghetto tester, yup... I bet if you ever have a hands free for your phone, it will look like this one:

http://blaza.ytmnd.com/