Is it just me, or do these Sanyo HD cameras stand alone in their quality at their price range. I keep looking around but always seem to come back to them for the price and quality. I need to get one or two more megapixel cameras but don't want to risk spending more and being disappointed.

I live where it gets dark at night (no street lights). I have two WDR cameras that still have usable images when my Sanyo HD4600 dark. But only for a few minutes. With headlights and such, I get decent detail. I have only tested briefly with IR indoors, and it does a decent job, but being a 4mp camera, I don't expect it to be great.

I like the image from Sanyo but I have had some major supply issues and now they are owned by Panasonic so who knows how long they will be around. Avigilon h.264 has a very nice image also.

So how do those Avigilon's compare price wise. I'm looking for an outdoor dome solution.

Hmm, I guess I didn't look at the specs very close. My HD4600 gives me enough choices. Time to dig through the PDF again.

What model Avigilon would you consider a rival to the HD3300?

Outdoor. I have an Avermedia NV6420e8 and am running demo of Exacq and just dl'd Milestone to try. I am not really nailed down on my NVR choice. I like the Avermedia, but know it doesn't appear to support Avigilon IP cameras.

They are about the same price. One thing I don't like about the 3100/3300 is the limited choice of frame rates.

Now that I have looked at the specs, they appear to have the same options as the HD4600, just limited to two streams. That's all I am using on my HD4600 so that would not bother me.

They are about the same price. One thing I don't like about the 3100/3300 is the limited choice of frame rates.

Now that I have looked at the specs, they appear to have the same options as the HD4600, just limited to two streams. That's all I am using on my HD4600 so that would not bother me.

The 2100/2300/3100/3300 are limited to only 15 or 30FPS

That must be the total spread across the two streams. I really only need one stream for recording and typically keep it at 15fps or less, so I should be fine if I go that route.

That must be the total spread across the two streams. I really only need one stream for recording and typically keep it at 15fps or less, so I should be fine if I go that route.

No this only applies to the H.264 streams. The MJPEG has totally different settings.

Is it just me, or do these Sanyo HD cameras stand alone in their quality at their price range. I keep looking around but always seem to come back to them for the price and quality. I need to get one or two more megapixel cameras but don't want to risk spending more and being disappointed.

I'm testing 2300 and 2500 now, very nice cams. Sanyo just had a price drop too.

I was at my distributors place yesterday, and looks like availability of some models are affected by the earthquake in Japan.

I'm testing 2300 and 2500 now, very nice cams. Sanyo just had a price drop too.

I was at my distributors place yesterday, and looks like availability of some models are affected by the earthquake in Japan.

They have had supply issues way before the earthquake.

Lets talk Sanyo cameras and Avigilon Control Center software. Will ACC pull both h.264 and/or mpeg streams?

No it will not and I only know a couple of VMS's that take advantage of multi streams in the cameras.

Avigilon CC will use the dual streams in the Avigilon H.264 cameras.

But can it pull either H.264 or if you want full 4mp quality jpeg? Is it limited like Exacq to what ever you have the first stream set to output?

No Exacq can pull one or the other. H.264 or MJPEG.

Yes I am aware of that. Will ACC do the same?

No Exacq can pull one or the other. H.264 or MJPEG.

Yes I am aware of that. Will ACC do the same?

Yes,the same

ACC will not do 4MP on MJPEG

max 1920x1080

just tried on my demo system