shukri.re@gmail.com

PTZ suddenly cannot be control via DVR after few months

hi,

I m ciku from malaysia n i m running cctv project with my friends.

Recently i've mounted 7 fixed cameras + 1 ptz cameras running on single dvr (8channels) and system works fine till last nite. now the ptz camera cannot be cntrol by dvr( failed to be pan/move/zoom) but the ptz picture is good.

later on i tested the ptz with its stand alone cntrol unit(with 485), the ptz can be control, fully without any problems.

The distance of cable from PTZ to the dvr is 10 meters. but still it, works fine for past three months.

My question is where should i start troubleshooting? and...

Do PTZ rs485 signal traveling issues(cable size, distance of cable, signal form and voltage) is highly significant in performance of ptz controlling.

please anyone, Mr. Mrs. Ms. Sir Madam I need helpppppp............

hi,

I m ciku from malaysia n i m running cctv project with my friends.

Recently i've mounted 7 fixed cameras + 1 ptz cameras running on single dvr (8channels) and system works fine till last nite. now the ptz camera cannot be cntrol by dvr( failed to be pan/move/zoom) but the ptz picture is good.

later on i tested the ptz with its stand alone cntrol unit(with 485), the ptz can be control, fully without any problems.

The distance of cable from PTZ to the dvr is 10 meters. but still it, works fine for past three months.

My question is where should i start troubleshooting? and...

Do PTZ rs485 signal traveling issues(cable size, distance of cable, signal form and voltage) is highly significant in performance of ptz controlling.

please anyone, Mr. Mrs. Ms. Sir Madam I need helpppppp............

i am no expert, but i would try replacing the cabling....maybe there is a problem with it that you can't visually see...

Yes cabling would be the first troubleshooting method. Secondly, try factory defaulting your DVR. We had one that would not control a PTZ after much troubleshooting, and we did a factory reset on the DVR and it worked just fine after that. We find that factory defaulting DVR's can take care of alot of wierd issues that your DVR may have.

first, the distance of 10mts is not a problem. it is usually can be ok even more than 1000mts.

if you can confirm the ptz is ok, then pls check below:

1 if the protocols of the DVR and PTZ are the same.

2 if the baud rate of the DVR and PTZ are the same

3 if the RS485+ and 485- connect is right

4 if the RS 485 wire is in good condition.

If you managed to control the Camera with a seperate control unit it suggests that the camera and cable are fine. I'd say it will either be the settings on the DVR (camera address, baud rate etc), the RS485 wires are crossed on the DVR, try reversing them. Or the data output on the DVR is faulty.

If you have a multimeter you could put it across the RS485 output and expect to see typically between 0 and 5v DC. Try moving the camera with the meter connected to see if any voltage is present.

Another option is factory resetting the DVR as suggested above. Set it up again and try it.