Sign in to follow this  
turbowa777

Looking to upgrade and neeeeeeed help!!!!!!!!

Hey All

I have been reading and reading and getting more and more confused on what I should be doing.

I want to upgrade to something a lot better, I currently have an Ebay special 9 channel DVR and 9 cameras.

I would like to purchase a new DVR which can have at least 12 cameras and record 25fps+ on every channel. I currently am running at 520tvl and am not impressed, I am after much better clarity for both day and night viewing.

Please if any one can get me going in the right direction or better yet suggest a specific product of what I would need. I have been broken into 3 times now and the footage I am recording is useless. I am currently looking at spending around $2,500 - I just want quality!!

Any help would be most appreciated

Cheers,

Nigel

Get a Bosch 600 Series DVR, a 16 Channel unit will cost about $1000.

Record at 2CIF resolution on 12.5 fps ... You don't need such a high frame rate.

Spend the other $1500 on decent cameras, TVL's mean nothing if you're using a cheap brand who have second grade CCD chips (even if it says "Sony' on it - there are different grades)

Look at getting Samsung or Bosch, if you want IR Illumination you can try Bosch's WZ18's.

Ask a dealer to set them up and demo them for you, you can probably also get them online.

Pay the money for proper equipment with 3 year swap out warranties, if it breaks after 2 years and 10 months, they should give you a new one.

Hey Timbo

just wanted to say thank you for your help and ask another question is there any way to tell which CCD chips are in the cameras and how do i tell if they are good chips

Cheers,

Nigel