Sign in to follow this  
grgo69

Remote monitoring problem

Hy,

I have DVR based video system, and am trying to view it remote. I heve lynkins router. On router I have forwarded ports 80(http), 5050, 6050, and 7050(mobile), as there are ports witch are set in dvr(I dont trmember what all are for). When I am inside my network, I just type ip address that I have set in DVR, works OK. When My computer is conected on same network, and try access DVR via otside IP(get it with what is my ip website) it also works, but when I am accessing internet, from somewere else it doesnt work.

Thanks, G

Hi G,

When you tried to access your DVR from outside the network, did your IP change? Do you have a dynamic IP?

Also, whenever you are trying to login outside of your network, you will need to double check and make sure you are using Internet Explorer 8 and you will need to make sure that you have your configured that computers active x settings as well. Some people forget to do that from the other computer.

You will also need to make sure your ports are open. To do this, go to a computer within the same network as your DVR and go to www.canyouseeme.org and check all 4 ports