Sign in to follow this  
grgo69

wireless video transmiter-reciver

Hy,

does anyboy has any experience wit thoose analog wireless transmiters-recivers 2.4Ghz on eBay. Does theese interfear with wireless network?

Thanks, G

YES they can easily interfere with wifi.

It depends on your transmitter, obviously. My cheap set was a receiver with an analog tuning knob, and composite audio/video outputs. The transmitter was a mini "spy" camera with a 1/2 wave (~2 inches) antenna. It draws ~50 milliamps at 9VDC.

This is the key: In the back of the transmitter camera, there are two tiny (and I mean T-I-N-Y) switches. Use a needle to change them!!! They work together, allowing you to have four video 'channels'. So basically, you could have 4 cameras, and 4 receivers. If you did that, you would be guaranteed to kill all wifi within like 800ft. (This can be fun and useful )

Now I have found that with my personal wifi at channel 11 (2.462 GHz), 2 or 3 out of the 4 channels will work without disrupting internet. Even if it works, bandwidth reduction and lost packets can be a problem!

Honestly, I'd stay away from these cheap systems. If you really want one, look for the 5.8GHZ systems. Then the next thing to ask is: Do you have a recent cordless phone?