Sign in to follow this  
bankingguy

Camera choice for Exacqvision

I work at a bank and have dome cameras covering teller cash drawers. Currently, we use IQ755 cameras with tamron 8mm f1.4. Generally, we're pretty happy with them but think the images could be a bit clearer. We demoed some arecont cameras and immediately sent them back. I hear good things about Avigilon but don't see that exacq supports them.

Anyone have thoughts of a different camera/lens combo.

Thanks,

Bankingguy

I work at a bank and have dome cameras covering teller cash drawers. Currently, we use IQ755 cameras with tamron 8mm f1.4. Generally, we're pretty happy with them but think the images could be a bit clearer. We demoed some arecont cameras and immediately sent them back. I hear good things about Avigilon but don't see that exacq supports them.

Anyone have thoughts of a different camera/lens combo.

Thanks,

Bankingguy

Simple

Avigilon + Avigilon

Thanks for the replies.

The color on the Arecont was harsh. Particularly with high contrast items, i.e. having several pieces of white paper on a black countertop. The software has no contrast control, perhaps that is the issue with it.

As far as the Avigilon is concerned, I don't see it as a supported camera on Exacqvision's website. If it would work, I'd certainly give one a try.

Thanks,

Bankingguy

The color on the Arecont was harsh. Particularly with high contrast items, i.e. having several pieces of white paper on a black countertop. The software has no contrast control, perhaps that is the issue with it.

You would do all of the video setup in Arecont's AV100 software NOT in Exacq.

When I go to the IP address, there is no contract control. Should there have been software loaded on the server that I can adjust?

Thanks,

Bankingguy

For one or two camera installs yes but when you have 10 50 or hundreds of cameras it is much easier to log into one interface to administer your cameras. That being said Arecont's AV100 software isn't the most pleasant to use.