Sign in to follow this  
theboarhunter

new

Hi everyone, im new to here and hopefully i can learn a few thungs as i do not know much about dvr's et... because i am new i still dont know much about this forum and how to do posts etc. I do have a question regardin dvr's and hopefully i can be helped here or a pm sent to me.

I have a dvr avtech AVC760 4 CH MPEG4 JP2 and have used it for about 2 yrs now and suddenly i hear a long beep. (same as if i have disconnected a cammera, this will cause a warning beep) Now when i power on the unit it makes a long beep as it should, a message will come up on my screen saying detecting master 1 ok and detecting slave etc.. but does not say ok after the slave detecting message, then it will sound a long beep again and reboot on its own and will continue this untill i switch it off from the power. I have did some research on the net and had some advice from others, so i have connected the 2 pins on the jp (hope im making sense) and swithched on the power and held it for more than 10 seconds. i was told this is a system reboot or something like that, but i still have the exact same problem. i have also tried to delete everything hat was recorded on hdd and it tels me no hdd has been found!

Hopefully someone is kind enough to give me a idea of what is going on. please if you can email me to kozanss@hotmail.com or pm me

Thanks in advance

Is there anyone here that can help me to solve the problem with my unit? I thought this may be the right place for answers as i have been recomended by many many ppl but i do not have any answers to the problem with my unit. plz help if you can

Make sure it's not overheating, check to make sure the fans are running and blow out any dust in the case.

Next, unplug everything connected to the computer except for the keyboard, and try to boot. If it boots fine that time, start plugging things in one at a time.

Next, run memtest (google it) to make sure none of your ram is bad.