Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyD

Johnny from North Carolina

Hey guys, I've trolled the forums for a while when I needed some help, figured it'd be best just to join up and pester you all properly instead of leeching the way I have.

I'm an independant contractor that gets a lot of work with CCTV. Started by working with a friend installing basic DVRs and now I get regular work from a local company.

Strength: Working in 110+ degree (F) environments.

Weakness: Wireless and IP devices.

1300420109954.thumb.jpg.b348778732244241ecc5a5cfe3f5bb92.jpg

Welcome! " title="Applause" />

I'm in Chapel Hill - (Chatham County though). Just a chapel hill address really... I'm a DIYer, but have a good bit of experience.

How are you liking the heat we are having? I guess it is typical to hit 100 during the summer here...

Also, how is the CCTV business in Burlington?

Welcome! " title="Applause" />

I'm in Chapel Hill - (Chatham County though). Just a chapel hill address really... I'm a DIYer, but have a good bit of experience.

How are you liking the heat we are having? I guess it is typical to hit 100 during the summer here...

Also, how is the CCTV business in Burlington?

Birdman, it's going crazy here. The company I've been getting all my work with has probably over 900 customers in NC alone, that's not counting their corporate accounts with multiple locations around the country. We recently cut off two contractors due to shotty work, so it's left a lot for the rest of us to pick up. I mean, servicing that many clients between 4 techs and one phone support tech definitely keeps us busy.

As for the heat, I spent a good bit of time in Boone and miss it. The heat can stay away for all I care.

Hope you're having fun with the DIY projects. You do much residential?

Damn. I need to start working in the CCTV industry!!

I have completed a very nice 8 camera analog system for a friend at his cabin near Mebane. Also a super cheap system for my home, completely from stuff I already had. Literally, a sub $200 system, 4 channels, D1... I am saving to get the good stuff!