Sign in to follow this  
webmanny

ARM Electronics IC18XSD PTZ camera

Good day to all,

I recently purchased this camera from eBay and it looks like new. I have a ZModo 8 ch DVR system with the RS-485 connection and right now it has 6 cameras and I wanted to install this new camera to it. The problem is, it didn't come with any cables and I'm not familiar at all with the connections for it. Is there a way that anybody here can help me? I already have the power and video cable running to the location where I want to install it, but I'm sure I need one more cable to make it work. I just don't know which. I have attached a few pictures of the bottom of the PTZ camera for you to check out.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Manny

IMAG0120.thumb.jpg.6a0424ab252c188cde8ef5a3d7d2dcea.jpg

dvr.jpg.5929d9fcec7636fbf2abe83db511e853.jpg

pic1.jpg.dd9bfc1d36d12bb90806616bc2d57e9f.jpg

I see the connections.

Look at the header I have circled:

10h83m1-1.jpg

You can see:

Video and videognd. video would go to the center pin of a BNC plug. Videogns would be the shielding, or outer ring.

RS- and RS+ are your data connections.

15V and GND. This is your power connection. I dunno if it wants 15V DC or AC, probably DC. So I would start off feeding it 12VDC because that is the typical voltage for cameras.

Dunno what E-Sync is... Probably some extra thing that isn't needed in most cases.

In terms of connecting, you can get a female header that will accept those pins, and then solder connections to the back of that. Or desolder (remove) those pins, and solder like 22gauge wire in each hole, and then make your connections to the wires.

Color code it!

BTW - the connections inside that blue connector are noted to the right of it as well.

Birdman,

I really appreciate your help so far, I saw those connectors you circled, but those pins are just the heads of the connector on the other side going to the camera and if I attempt to solder wires directly there, I will effectively bypass the whole control board and it will not function. Based on everything I've found online, the correct way of connecting it is through the blue connector, which originally comes with the camera when it is sold new, but I can't find it and I don't know what that connector type is.

If someone here knows what this blue plug is called, as far as the technical term for it, I may be able to follow your suggestions, but to the blue plug rather than directly to the camera.

I have provided some pictured of the underside of those pins you mentioned before for sharing knowledge. Also, I have taken a better picture of those pins from the side. I thank you again for your effort, I really do, but that option will not work for this scenario. By the way, I also tried pulling the blue plug to see if there are pins under it, but it does not come out.

Thanks,

Manny

IMAG0127.jpg.a3629e897c0497f3be53144da19b6428.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg.93d54075feddfbe73e156dfe38586814.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg.6d9ea6e8442df74f8ac88957e92c24cd.jpg

Hi Webmanny.

Your blue connector looks an awful lot like a centronics connector. Use to see 36 pin versions of these on printers. You could mail-order one or (ahem) solder straight onto the pins

Generic Centronics drawing:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/382722.pdf

You'll need to measure it up to be sure. The 14 position version is what you want. I don't know what the other 7 pins are for. Unused?

Also, those diamond shaped finger lock things can be pulled off with pliers.

The video + and - probably has to go through a balun back at your DVR. R + and - are for the RS422 control, and the end two are for 15V DC and ground. I suspect this dome is designed to be wired up with CAT-5, with one twisted-pair for video, one for RS422, other pair for power, and the last spare.

The unit can also run off 24V AC, the writing is sort-of readable. A 15V power supply, with maybe 2 amp fuse would do. Or use 24V AC for longer distances.

Oh, and if you haven't found it already, here are the specs:

http://armelectronics.com/specs/SPEEDOME_SERIES.pdf

Looks like a nice camera!

Edited to add Cent. PDF