Duckman

Looking for some help with archived play back - SAMSUNG

I belong to enough boards to know i might not get an answer here buy my Lilly_White_Butt is in a bit of a snag.

I was handed four files that was produced/recorded/exported from a SAMSUNG SDE-4001.

One is an .AVI file that won't play on anything.

One is a SML (SML Multimedia Presentation file)

The other two are a .bu and.db2 files

What I have done is downloaded Samsung Smartviewer 3.0, dowloaded a SML 3.0 player and the manual.

The AVI file I can't get to play on anything...and I mean anything.

I did read the manual were it said something about a Samsung Backup Viewer, this I could not find.

What has been told to me is that the AVI when it has been seen does not have the date/time stamp. I need that. The guy that took these files off his system may not be very familiar with the process.

Are these three other files a type of back up? How can I play these files, is it even possible? Are they the right ones for what I am looking for.

I tried loading the SML file on the SML viewer and it coughed it up like a fur-ball.

I think you catch my drift here.

Thank you you for your time.

Mike

1. Have you tried to play the .avi's in VLC Media Player?

2. Try installing the ffdshow codecs.

Here is Samsung's website for that DVR:

http://www.samsungsv.com/Model/Detail/10/Samsung-SDE-4001N-8-Channel-DVR-Security-System

Looks like their is a viewer available. Also, the manual can tell him how to properly offload video that he needs.

On my friends Samsung (more professional SRD-870DC), he chooses to download it as an AVI. The AVI file has the timestamp included. Other info files are included, along with a codec installer (SIPP I think?).

First sorry for the slow reply...Thank you so much for the the time. I will report back.

According to the folks that have seen the AVI...there is no time stamp. I will figure this out!

Again thanks and stay safe...