Sign in to follow this  
ljnl

Hello from The Netherlands

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to set up a surveillance system for my new house and, as with everything, the first thing I had to do is gather information. And after reading a lot of topics on this forum this seems to be the right place

My interest for camera surveillance started years ago with a webcam connected to simple software, after that it went on to a webcam stream, multiple camera's, motion detection notification, connecting camera's to a home automation system.. etc. This was all done with USB camera's and computers at my student apartment, so nothing professional or anything At one point I got a old 4 channel DVR (type and brand still unknown ). The thing I liked most about the DVR was the standalone stability of the system. No hassle with software and PC's. But it was a old DVR with not that many features so I missed a lot of functions.

Now, moving into a new house, it's time to create a decent system (since there are more places to monitor). I'm starting out with a 8 channel DVR with 5 wired camera's and 3 wireless (if they work) and see where it goes from there (after all, it remains a hobby for me ).

Of course I will be running into trouble real soon and I'm hoping to find answers and solutions on this forum

Thanks for reading!

All the best,

LJ