bob_p

Some guidance on Video Insight system

I am putting together a system for my small fire department, and I have picked up a VJ60-8 with the Video Insight software version 3.0 and have it installed in a desktop PC running Windows XP.

I have been able to get the cameras working, but when I reload the application, all the settings are lost. And I am not able to record video - the files are created, but I get the following error when I try to open them(see attached).

I know, I am a noob, and I know there are a lot of better solutions out there, but this was inexpensive... Anyone have any ideas where to look to start chasing this down?

Thanks!

Bob

error.JPG.4ed4fbd3ff98381f5233580a030ab5b1.JPG

files.JPG.20822efd284754fb4cb84d512f9563f2.JPG

Looks like it's not writing video to the files... are you running this as the Administrator, or a user with admin permissions? I assume there's lots of free disk space?

Have you tried a different codec? I believe you have MPEG-4, WMV, and something else as an option.

I have seen this happen with some builds and had VI support tell me to upgrade... you might want to make sure you're at the latest build of V3 (I think 3.1something).

Have you tried calling VI support? They were fairly good back in the day, when we were using them regularly.