rory

Best VGA or HDMI splitter and extender

Looking for the best .. literally.

Tried the cheaper more simple route using RG59 but the 40-50" Toshiba LCD TV's composite input is poor quality even on a monitor right at the DVR, and the 16 way multiview is blurrier than the 9 way from the DVR's composite output - no quality issues using HDMI or VGA from the DVR to a 42" Toshiba right at the DVR in any multiview.

SO ... I have the choice of VGA or HDMI - HDMI output is currently free, VGA goes into a 22" LCD next to the DVR.

I figure I would need an HDMI splitter and then some kind of HDMI over cat5.

The distances range from 50 feet to 200 feet, will be at least 4 TVs.

Having never done this before and there being tons of choices for HDMI over cat5, looking to see what anyone else has used in the past at similar distances.

Other thoughts were small mini PCs running the CMS with an IR Remote customized to switch views etc. Though not sure if they are willing to have the extra PCs at each TV while there is already tons of other equipment, plus there is the bandwidth issue of having 4 PCs always streaming (client might not want to wait for it to come out of sleep mode for example).

Thanks

Hi.I want to buy 2 x Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender Single Cat5/6 (Bi-Directional IR) because i need to extend my hdmi signal from my HTPC to my 2 big screens.The problem is that i need to choose from witch screen i want to watch... One solution i found is to connect hdmi out from HTPC into one splitter (Cablesson 1x4 HDMI Splitter) and then to connect the hdmi inputs of 2x Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender Single Cat5/6 to the splitter.But i found that maybe ther is a problem with that connection because the splitter has an amplifier inside,that maybe is problem for the extender and the picture quality... Please help me with that problem.

Hi.I want to buy 2 x Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender Single Cat5/6 (Bi-Directional IR) because i need to extend my hdmi signal from my HTPC to my 2 big screens.The problem is that i need to choose from witch screen i want to watch... One solution i found is to connect hdmi out from HTPC into one splitter (Cablesson 1x4 HDMI Splitter) and then to connect the hdmi inputs of 2x Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender Single Cat5/6 to the splitter.But i found that maybe ther is a problem with that connection because the splitter has an amplifier inside,that maybe is problem for the extender and the picture quality... Please help me with that problem.

Here you go...http://www.gefen.com/

yes it is hdmi extender over cat 6 but i want to connect it after hdmi splitter. Is this a problem or it is ok,because the hdmi signal will be amplified from splitter and then will pass through hdmi extender(whitch i thing has signal amplifier too).