erasable

User-friendly (idiot-proof) video monitor system

Hi.

Please help me figure out what system would be right for me.

I need a system to monitor a house.

1. I need about 3-5 indoor/outdoor cameras. I haven't figure out where to place them yet.

2. User friendly / plug-n-play. so I can set it up myself and not need an electrician/GeekSquad/Security company to set up.

3. Fewer wires would be better.

4. Good resolution and Night vision. Mostly need to monitor the doors, the locks of the doors, and capture the face of anyone trying to mess with the locks of said doors.

5. Remote Access. so I can access it from my laptop / phone if and when I'm away.

6. Affordable.

I've been looking at a couple options:

[edit by mod-store links removed]

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi;

Welcome to the forum. Look at camera one on my home. I just replaced it with this new one. See if you like the quality.

Look at Camera 1 (Fr Door)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26825

Also, check out the CNB Monalisa cameras which are popular with forum members on this site and can probably work well if you have some ambient lighting not far from the camera.

Hi.

Please help me figure out what system would be right for me.

I need a system to monitor a house.

1. I need about 3-5 indoor/outdoor cameras. I haven't figure out where to place them yet.

2. User friendly / plug-n-play. so I can set it up myself and not need an electrician/GeekSquad/Security company to set up.

3. Fewer wires would be better.

4. Good resolution and Night vision. Mostly need to monitor the doors, the locks of the doors, and capture the face of anyone trying to mess with the locks of said doors.

5. Remote Access. so I can access it from my laptop / phone if and when I'm away.

6. Affordable.

I've been looking at a couple options:

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?Dx=mode+matchallpartial&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Ntk=Text_Search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|0||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&D=security+camera&search=security+camera&Ntt=security+camera&topnav=

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&type=page&initialize=false&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&nrp=15&iht=n&list=n&sc=Global&st=security+camera&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&prids=&cp=1&qp=&_requestid=67776

Please advise. Thank you.

If you need to easily identify faces and need good night-vision, you may want to ignore the stuff from costco and best buy...

If you want to see the position of locks on doors, maybe look into megapixel IP stuff - this stuff is expensive! But the quality is like that of an expensive DSLR camera!

Identifying faces is not hard, but you need good quality stuff and proper lighting.

What are you going to use for video management/storage? I would recommend the QNAP NVR stand alone if you don't have anything specific in mind yet. It is user friendly, allows remote access, and affordable. Just google it and you will find a lot of information about them. it's also available on amazon...