Randymc61

Need help with DVR please

I have an old Samsung CCTV system that worked quite well until the monitor went out recently. The cameras all plugged into the back of the monitor using what looks like ethernet cables and the DVR was a separate unit that connected with BNC cables to the monitor. Since I have six cameras with all the cables already installed all over the house (inside and out) does anyone know of a DVR that will use that kind of cable? Ive looked all over the internet and all I see is BNC type plugs on the DVR's, so I don't know If I can keep any of my cameras I currently have. So if anyone knows of a brand of DVR that will accept that type of cable, I'd appreciate the info.

Added information;

The system is a Samsung ssc14web but at this point I don't think it matters since I am not going to try to repair that unit. I'm just trying to find a way to use my existing camera's with a new DVR, but the existing cameras use what looks like ethernet cables instead of the BNC connections that most DVR's use that I see on the market now.

Thanks,

Randy

Edited by Guest

maybe if you can post the type number that someone knows how and what.

i have no idea now or maybe email samsung to ask the service desk they help allot when i emailed them with a question

good luck