Sign in to follow this  
bjoynes

Remote access problem, Live No, Playback Yes

I'm using a CNB, HDE2412, 8 Channel DVR and can view the live and playback fine over the lan using the ActiveX player with IE8, and also can view the DVR with HDx viewer. My problem is viewing remotely. When I enter the static IP address for the WAN from my computer on the LAN I can access the playback, but not the live view. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bryn

Port 11999

So address would be XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:11999

This gets me to the Remote Monitoring Login page, then enter ID, Password, and Port number, and either select Live or Playback.

This is where the live fails with a Connection Timed out, but the playback works fine.

Bryn

Hopefully this will be of use to others.

The reason I could get playback and not Live was the port forwarding. The port 11999 was for web port, which seems to allow you to log into the system, but the playback and live view as well as setup are on other ports which also need to be port forwarded.

On the DVR I'm using you have a

Web Port

Live Port same as Network Port and Port Number on the Remote Web monitor access page

Playback Port

Setup Port

These values are setup under Network-> Addresses-> Port

I had all the ports port forwarded except the Live port number. I had expected that the web monitoring would be via the 11999 port, not expecting the 10101 port needed to be prot forwarded. The reason I did not use the port80 for web access was a webserver on that port already.

Hope this makes sense.

Bryn