infowire

Looking for a MIC

Those look like they can blend in as a smoke detector =). Do those plug in directly into the dvr? and a regular 12vdc power source?

I got a cheap one- actually two from ebay just to try. No more then 15 bucks total for the two I think. Specifically for cctv dvr or camera hookup. Just the mics- I have cable if needed.

KGrHqVlEE4Nu2Ez5BOFfhnziw_35JPG-1.jpg

I didn't expect much for cheap. Man was I surprised. These mics are amazing. The pickup range is head scratching- VERY large. From an isolated room, I can still monitor nearly half of my entire residence inside from one mic, BOTH floors! Low self noise. Very pleasantly surprised. My exprience- no need to spend large dollars at all for the type of mic I'm referring to. I'm an audio guy too, so I'm picky. Good luck.

Dan

Yeah, cheap right?! I at least buy from USA sellers though. I don't like the super cheap China auctions. I figured if they sucked what was wasted- ten or fifteen bucks? But...they didn't suck! I have a global mic volume setting in my dvr and I have it set at max, which is why I have an extreme pickup range. When you get progressivley closer to the room it's in, it gets louder. But it never distorts and I never hear hissing. I just hear pure audio man! I can hear outside traffic when the window is open too. I'm sitting here at work monitoring the audio remotely right now and I hear a chorus of crickets like I'm outside! If my house alarm ever goes off or there's a struggle inside my house, I'll hear it no problem and be right on it like a central station. Monitoring picture is great, but ever since I got an audio feed up at the house I really feel like I'm totally connected and ready to respond. Hope the mic works for you too.

Dan

yeah i buy usa only usually... asia takes too long to ship most of the time.

Takes me 1-2 weeks for anything from the US

But then we have no choice .. asia would probably be a month+ and cant buy the bulk orders they want.

Edited by Guest

There is a place I order from occasionally that has a couple of mics called quasar electronics. Have not tried them yet but around $10 on a little circuit board.

245419926_Picture13.png.db239548f665d213704481d41eb8389a.png