Sign in to follow this  
FlameOut

Lots of reading to do

I've been reading these forums for a few weeks now and joined up today. I have to say, the forums are very informative, but also very intimidating.

I was all set to buy a surveillance system from Sams Club, until I started reading here. I'm only in need of a 4 channel system, and was also considering wireless, again, until I started reading here. Was looking at the website called usasecuritystore, only because it came up in a search, but haven't found any posts or comments about it on the forums. so not sure if I should stay clear of that site or not.

I hate to ask dumb questions, so I will do some additional reading before I jump in and ask my dumb questions

Bill

Hi. FlameOut. no such thing as a dumb question. its good to do your homework first.

the link you have posted are avtech DVRs. you can do better than that.

the other problem with the likes of the systems from sams is the cables cheap and not much good for cameras.

so i would look at buying seperate bits of equipment i.e DVR / cameras / power unit. and buy a reel or RG59 with power.

you cant go wrong with a 4 way dahua DVR and pick cameras for your surroundings internal or external.