Sign in to follow this  
MikeInTampa

qvis Apollo DVR "UNAVAILABLE" message

I am trying to set up a Qvis Apollo DVR and receive an "UNAVAILABLE" message on both HDMI and VGA input.

I can't seem to find anything in the manual that I am doing wrong?

Any suggestions as to the cause?

Thank you!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I sent you an email, not sure if you got it. Its probably just a resolution mismatch between your DVR and your TV. Plug one of those RCA cable that I emailed you about from the DVR to your TV just so you can get a picture, then you will be able to see the menu where you can adjust the resolution. Lower the resolution output on the DVR until your TV picks it up with an HDMI connection.

What you can do during this time is have 2 connections at one time during this time. One with RCA cable and the other with the HDMI. With the RCA cable, you do not have to worry about resolution mismatches but you do not want to use the RCA connection all the time because it does not offer the best resolution, you are only using the RCA cable for a temporary time to adjust the resolution until your TV picks it up with the HDMI cable. So what you do is use the RCA cable to adjust the resolution, and then switch the input on your TV to HDMI to see if it picks it up, if it didnt, then lower the resolution output on the DVR another notch and then switch it over to HDMI to see if it picked up that resolution. Just keep in mind that each time you change the resolution the DVR must re-start.

Whenever you get that RCA cable: To adjust the resolution output on your DVR. Go to Main Menu>Settings>Display.

My guess is that your TV should pick up a resolution of 1280x720 or 1024x768

As far as VGA, your TV should be able to "auto-detect" the output resolution of the DVR and adjust accordingly but I have seen some TV's that do not. What you can try is to see if your TV has a auto-configure setting to detect any incoming signal through the VGA port. Sometimes you have to "tell" the TV to do this.

But ideally you will want to use the HDMI connection so I would go through the troubleshooting methods that I described above first.

Yeah Radio shack is the best bet. Just get a regular RCA cable and the adapter you need is a "RCA Female to BNC Male" Adapter. We have some if your Radio shack doesnt have them but I would be surprised if your radio shack doesnt have them.