ssnapier

PTZ Control/ Priority options with multiple locations

I am currently doing an install that will have viewing stations at 4 different places across the campus. What are my options to define or control who has PTZ control? We are using MxControl Center since the majority of the cameras are mobotix, but for the PTZ's in the mix how can I define which stations have priority, or can seize control?

I already know that MxCC is not the ideal setup for this, but I'm stuck with it unless a small miracle happens,so I am open to your suggestions. I have even considered hiring a programmer to write some custom code for me, but even that gets tricky.

The silence here is not a good sign...

I am currently looking at Omnicast and i-cathcer as possible soutions, just have to convince the customer that they need to pay for it...

i am not sure.

in my system i am going to have a keyboard at the dvr, in my room and in the living room. the one at the dvr will be address 1, my room address 2, and the living room address 3. the lower the address, the higher the priority. so if someone was controlling stuff in the living room and i was in the cellar, if i press a button on the cellar keyboard, control gets passed to me.

That function is built in to your DVR, correct? That is my problem, the VMS being used here (Mobotix Control Center) does not appear to accommodate this feature.

i think its built into the keyboard. are you talking about software? can i have a link to instructions?

on my software, only one client can control PTZ at a time, and its decided on login. but what can be done is setup users and restrict access to only live viewing. but that is still not what you need.

hrrmmm