genestoy

Which of these DVR's is better?

I need some help deciding which of these two dvr's is the better one. Both are priced at $500 and I want D1 which they both have.

The first one is a Rayvision RVH1016D model and the second is a LTD2516HE (don't know the brand name)

Thanks for any help with this

Rayvision RVH1016D

LTD2516HE

specs2.thumb.jpg.7ab9aa8c7d1484b32a935d9cefa380ae.jpg

specs.thumb.jpg.f411c5627621b1ec89cd0d80ad495212.jpg

The 2nd DVR you listed has 480fps total @ D1 resolution. This is referred to as "Full D1 Recording" (30 frames per second @ D1 resolution). (480/16 = 30)

The 1st DVR you listed has 120fps total @ D1 resolution. That breaks down to 7.5 fps @ D1. (120/16 = 7.5)

Both DVRs will record full 30fps @ CIF.

Honestly, there are few cases where you would need to record in D1 at faster than 7.5 fps. 7.5fps will look smooth and consistent. On my DVRs that are capable of 30 fps, I typically set them at 5-7fps anyway. If you are recording at full D1 resolution at 30fps, your HDD is going to fill up very quickly.

That's the only real glaring difference between the two.

Thanks for the reply! The dealer (not in my area) I have been talking to has now told me to hold off for a couple of weeks as he is getting in some new Effio 960h dvr's although they will be more money he says they will be worth it since I already have the new effio 700tvl cameras installed. I see you are in Phoenix as am I could you pm me a reasonable dealer in the Phoenix area that sells dvr's?

Thanks