awedio

DVR capture card suppliers?

Guys,

Looking for a dvr (pci) card to put together with a home theater system I'm designing. Not interested in a low end solution, prefer mid to hi end cards.

Any opinions/recommendations on Chance i (www.divisdvr.com) and LEXION (www.gailro.com).

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

tia

awedio

which ever one you get, make sure you get one with a DSP output for analogue high quality live view, real time. Most high end cards have this type of thing. Without it, quality out to an RF mod or TV will be very low quality.

do you mean dsp output as in Composite Video out?

I assume that you can view live video thru the VGA (actually XGA or better) output from the video card?

Well, yeah, basically, most cards will have a real time multiplexed analogue output which is RCA, as an add on, or an all in one card.

This is different from just video out on the DVR card, and also different from the Video card output, which are both lower quality compared to analogue video for CCTV - 2 different technologies. If youy just need basic video out then the Video Card output will do, but for high quality output, and out to RF mods (TV Channels) you need an analogue type output.

Rory

I see, now I understand what you mean.

do you know anything about those 2 companies I mentioned in my original post?

Chance i are decent cards, mostly used for DVR Software Developers as they have an SDK program, which is then sold as various other names.

The other one, not sure who they are?

Rory,

by decent, I assume you mean they are a mid-range card?

which brand/brands are considered high end?

now I understand, software is very important!

is there any easy or simple way of finding out who "oem's" this card?

They come with manufacturer software also by the look of it, not sure how it is though.

Chance I makes the cards, other than that just say what you want in it, and you c an probably bribe rory to make the custom software for you.