schandhok

GEovision PC Reboot

They are all "supposed" to shutdown and restart the software, but as you have experienced some of the Geo boards and multiple software versions have made this an inconsistent feature.

scottj

I have been asking the same question for some time now, I find myself turning my system off most the time just because I can't stand it constantly rebooting my computer, I DEFINATELY think there should be a way to disable this reboot operation completely...

Anyone been able to stop the system from rebooting on sporatic video loss? Some systems do it and some don't are we doing something wrong?

Both have watchdog disconnected.

Thanx!

Are you getting "Video Lost" errors? The first thing to determine is if the system is configured properly. Let me know.

scottj

yeah I get video lost errors because my bnc connections need to be redone, but I don't feel like climbing in the attic right now, so I just wanted to keep the pc from rebootting because sometimes the cameras work, sometimes they don't..

I don't want to disable the cameras completeley..

Well the system is doing what it is designed to do. You can either diable those cameras and keep the good ones running, or fix the connectivity. The only other way to disable that function is going to require you to change some code in the software. If you have a copy of VB or C++ it can be done. But honestly I would climb in the attic and call it a day. Besides, what good are the cameras if there is no video present? Not meant to offend you.

scottj

I understand your point, but I still think that this should be a feature to disable this... I mean you never know what is going to happen, what if an intruder threw a rock at one of the cameras and broke it, you are telling me that you would want the entire system to keep rebooting thus all the other cameras wouldn't have a chance to record the intruder elsewhere?

Sure that could always happen (the intruder with the rock issues), however in your situation there is no guarantee that you would even catch the intruder on video before he threw the rock, correct? I think it would be better to get minimal footage and a broken camera knowing that you have imagery of the intruder, versus nothing on video and a broken camera....

A hurricane or a tornado could come through and wipe out the cameras too, but at least you would get to see the big wave or funnel cloud a few seconds before it touched down if you have your cameras working (assuming the DVR is still in tact.) Right?

Scottj