Sign in to follow this  
gbaldwin2

Geovision and Aloha POS

I have a Geovision DVR and an Aloha Systems POS system. I am trying to configure Text Overlay via the Geovision POS Text Sender. All is installed, dongle is installed, I just can't seem to make the connection from the Aloha system to the Text Sender. What is the best way to configure the Text Sender to overlay the POS data? Thanks for all comments and suggestions.

Or, am I going about this the wrong way? Should I use AlohaSpy to send the information to the BOH server and then pump that up to the DVR and seperate for each terminal.

Someone out that has done this before... just hoping to get in touch with the right person/people.

Thanks! g

hi. how have you connected your box up ???? printer or display or com port ??

before you can do anything your geo has to be version 8.0.4.0 or above.

Geovision is version 8.4, each FOH terminal is set within Aloha to xmit via TCP/IP to the DVR... but not sure if I can do it that way. Nothing is coming through to the DVR. This is my first DVR - POS integration, no clear documentation on how to do this, just trying multiple ways with no success so far. Thanks for your help...

hi from net work on register use a crossover cable to your dvr ... then do a text search and see if you get anything even if it is text all messed up.

the DVR box is quite a ways from the POS BOH, that is why I am trying to do this over Ethernet. Can this be done over Ethernet instead of serial connection? From other google searches, it appears that this is possible, but no clear instructions on how...

the DVR box is quite a ways from the POS BOH, that is why I am trying to do this over Ethernet. Can this be done over Ethernet instead of serial connection? From other google searches, it appears that this is possible, but no clear instructions on how...

i do you mean over the network ??? yes but for testing crossover is better. if that is not a option then yes over the network but you will have to find what port number is assigned to each register and insert that into the geo pos settings

Yes, I am trying to do this over the network, no serial cables. From your last post, each FOH terminal should be set to point to the DVR, using a specific port. Then in Geo, I configure each POS device to listen on that port, and a camera to show the text. I am using port 3901 for terminal 1, 3902 for terminal 2 and so on. Should that work?

I removed the configuration in Geo for all of the POS units, reconfigured 1 POS unit and am trying to get that to work. Do I need to reboot the Aloha terminal for the port changes to take affect? Do I need to restart the Geo server for the changes to take affect?

Thanks,

g

I do a netstat -ano on the Geo server, and would expect to see the port (3901) that I have configured available and listening but it is not listed. Do I maybe have something not working on the Geo box? Thanks, g

Geo box?

are you also using a geo pos box ???? this is not needed if going TCP..... you are using geo pos dongle ??? and how many is it for

I am trying to do the same thing with the exact set up. Aloha pos. geovision with the USB dongle. Can anyone help

Thanks.

Sti