tuone

science project, need rec high res and FPS

i need a suitable DVR to record 8 or 16 cameras to HDD, without IR, nighvision, playback, screen output, simplex/duplex only. record 16ch @ 720p/D1, high fps (10/30fps), capturing only for 4-5 hour durations (30/60 gb tops)

I would love to record 8 cameras to a notebook PC but i doubt that the usb is fast enough

any recommendations please.

Edited by Guest

You won't get above D1 without going to IP cameras, so if you want 720p or higher, you're looking at recording via network anyway. If you don't need to watch them all live, you should have no problem running an NVR application on a notebook to record that number of cameras.

hey thanks! that's very helpful, i have been reading about ip cams and nvr all day.

perhaps i have to get some electronics parts from a shop and solder them together, all i want is 1 webcam with a resolution of like 4800 x 526 or something like that... hopefully it is possible to gather 8 cmos sensor + lense assemblies and wire them together to make 1 cmos sensor of 8 times longer than normal... that is what i really want, abit odd, i know!

i cant believe todays tech is so expensive! i was thinking just one DVR for like 200 dollars and 8 cams for 40 dollars each, but i am looking at cams that cost 100 or 200 dollars and DVRs or PC's costing 500 dollars!!! totalling at least 1200!

hm.

the other alternative is my original scheme, to have a single high res camera that scans backwards and forwards at 30 fps, so that in 8 frames it takes 8 different pics. the problem with that is to make a mirror that can scan that fast in robotics, and to get the camera to change focus at 30fps is means i have to scan in a circle.

quite a complicated project. if i had 2000 dollars to spare though i could mount my experiment really easily!

do you know any companies that sell camera parts that you can solder and connect to adapter boards?

hey thanks! that's very helpful, i have been reading about ip cams and nvr all day.

perhaps i have to get some electronics parts from a shop and solder them together, all i want is 1 webcam with a resolution of like 4800 x 526 or something like that... hopefully it is possible to gather 8 cmos sensor + lense assemblies and wire them together to make 1 cmos sensor of 8 times longer than normal... that is what i really want, abit odd, i know!

do you know any companies that sell camera parts that you can solder and connect to adapter boards?

Nice !

I would be your first paying customer

after you put together 8 CMOS sensor and make working prototype

When can I buy one ?

I hope u can keep price under $ 100 each

the other alternative is my original scheme, to have a single high res camera that scans backwards and forwards at 30 fps, so that in 8 frames it takes 8 different pics. the problem with that is to make a mirror that can scan that fast in robotics, and to get the camera to change focus at 30fps is means i have to scan in a circle.

We were installing CCTV System (analogue camera with zoom lens pointing up like a periscope) CCTV system like this some 10 - 15 years ago.

It was an offshoot from military technolgy where they used the system to film bullets and tank shells in flight.

It was easier to move the mirror at speed than move the whole camera assembly.

Needed to have some faily advanced software with high end computers (at the time) to resolve the images into a continous 360 deg strip

I think it was called Spyhawk.

Ilkie