puremobi

CCTV with Audio recording for a conference room

Four PTZ cameras.There is a special requirement when we zoom to a particular person,the audio sensitivity should increase to that person.please give your suggestions if this is possible and a good brand.. the client has no issues with money.

hey i thanks for the information u have shared with us i appreciate your post.

[mod edit: link removed. try participating, not just posting links to your own site]

FYI - If you're using this for surveillance, and you don't say you are, maybe it's just for video conferencing?, and you're in the US, it may be illegal without active consent from all parties who may be recorded. Active meaning just posting a sign saying the area is using audio surveillance is definitely not enough, you need something more like a signed consent form.

The laws vary by state. In California, audio surveillance anywhere someone could have a reasonable expectation of privacy, e.g. any space with a door that closes, offices, conference rooms, etc., falls under wiretapping regulations. You face the same penalties as someone illegally tapping a phone.

I recently had to research the case law, so it's fresh in my head...

i think you need to look at equipment designed for conference room use. There are systems that do just what you say, a person speaks and the camera moves to them. Look at Sony and JVC for cameras. I don't konw why but the conference room cameras are quite a bit better. If you go to a high end Sony HD conference room camera you can be well over 5000.00 just for the camera. The analog cams are around are also avaliable and do a great job.