martinwinlow

Using AnyKeeper over a LAN

Hi All, I am trying to get this software working for a friend. We have got the main program installed and running on computer 1 with a working camera. We want to view the camera remotely via his LAN and have installed the software on computer 2 as well. (We tried just using VNC but the camera is just a blue rectangle on computer 2). The manual says set up the server (computer 1) network settings in the 'Main Settings' - I assume this is Setup > System tab > Network Management and set the 3 values accordingly?

What is the 'DVR Server' the manual refers to on page 27? Is this just the AnyKeper program running on computer 1?

Next it says run the AnyLeeper Network DVR System on the client, computer 2. I've done this and I get the status 'Host connected!' - then what?

Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, MW

Hmmmm!

Seems to be a popular subject at the moment for anykeeper!

I have replied twice to this tonight (although i must admit I haven't been here for a month or so).

See the posts:

"Anykeeper 2016 card - 4 Remote IE, What S/W are required?"

and

"kodicom webdvr"

for my input about using internet explorer to view the cameras.

Otherwise, download the Kodicom software(below) and install it on your remote pc, selecting to install just the viewer application.

For my anykeeper card, I use Kodicom software....

http://www.koditec.com/eng/support-program.htm

Here is the page:

D.V.R(Digital Video Recording System )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ◈KD-Net 3.3.3.0 Download

◈KD-Net 3.2.10.9 Download

D.V.R(Digital Video Recording System )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

◈KD-Net 2.50.16.0 Download

◈KD-Net 2.50.15.0 Download

You can't go wrong with the 20.50.16.0, but you can only use the 3.3.3.0 software if your DVR card is fairly new and has updated firmware, otherwise your card will not be detected.

I find the kodicom software more reliable than the anykeeper. Seems to be a bit more up-to-date.

Good luck,

Matt

oh yeah,

I use VNC but it cannot be used to see video as this is not transmitted, hence the blue boxes!

You must either use the viewer application which shows everything that appears on the DVR PC. Playback, setup, everything is here!

Install the software but run the program called "REMOTE.EXE" and type in the IP address of the other pc (ping it first to check that the other pc is "seeable!" - read my other posts about this).

or

use internet explorer to view the camera, but this is the only thing it does!

Post here if you require any other help.