cctvfan

picture jumping up & down

I have seen a similar thread on this issue before but can't track down right now, nor do I remember the conclusion in the past discussions.

I'm getting pictures in the remote viewer of most PC cards (incl. my favorite I-View) that would shift up and down slightly and periodically. The shift is tiny, appears to be one scan line, and looks like due to odd/even fields disparity. Yet very annoying and hard to explain to customer.

Any workarounds? Signals look all clean to me, and BTW problem gone when an embedded DVR is swapped in.

Thx!

only on remote viewer? What about the local video?

I know with Iview you have to make certain all channels are closed or you get lines.

Good catch Rory! I meant to say PC viewers, as opposed to local NTSC video out. So yes, I'm getting the problem on I-View's local Witness Pro software as well.

Forgive my stupidity, what do you mean by "all channels are closed"?

go into Easy Set Up Paramters, where you set the video resolution, and make sure any cameras on the card are closed that arent being used.

If you have 1x8 channel board, but are only using 7 cameras, you must close the Camera 8 whichever list it is on, in mine its ASE Plus 3.

I see what you mean. In my case, all 16 channels are used (2 x 8-ch cards).

But I had similar experience as you described ---- if I left an unused channel "dangling" / unclosed, I'd get very strange effects on the remaining camera (e.g. ch7, if ch8 is unused). Cam 7 would change from very bright (almost saturated white) to normal brightness and then repeat again....

are they mixed BW and Color, 24VAC and 12VDC, or all the same cameras?

Even though it didnt do it on the standalone DVR, could be different for the PC based, different hardware.

Try taking off one camera at a time until you see if the problem goes away. .

if its a mix of 12VDC and 24VAC take off one group or power them down. .. see what happens ..

Are you using any T-Connectors in the video lines anywhere?

These also can cause problems, if one camera is causing a problem.

How are they wired? RG59 or Twisted pair?