erny2444

Asenware ..

I recently purchased a Asenware CCTV system and cannot for the life of Me figure out how to get the captured video to My PC. I used a large jump drive & backed it up from the DVR. Back up complete.. When drive is in the PC, windows sees the drive EMPTY.. Instruction book is useless, might as well be written in Sumarian.....

Any help will be appreciated... Thanx, Rob

I recently purchased a Asenware CCTV system and cannot for the life of Me figure out how to get the captured video to My PC. I used a large jump drive & backed it up from the DVR. Back up complete.. When drive is in the PC, windows sees the drive EMPTY.. Instruction book is useless, might as well be written in Sumarian.....

Any help will be appreciated... Thanx, Rob

See if there is some sort of eject button on the software running on the DVR, most likely the DVR is using a linux embedded build, and I know from experience Linux gets very mad if you write something to a usb key and dont dismount it, usually wont write the files.

There is no eject function in the menu and yes there is linux. Only used this new unit once and since My last post, I get no video on the screen from the camera or playback. Just the (quad) divided screen where the cams are, Just black quad screen & menu.... Worked great before. What a pain in the butt... Manual doesent tell a newbie anything. If I knew this would be such a pain, I never would have bought it, I guess thats what I get for a good deal...