gulfstreme

PIR sensors

I want to trigger rec and email based on motion from PIR sensors. What do I look for in the specs:

RS482

Alarm Inputs

Alarm recording?

Is RS482 only used for PTZ?

Also, Is there a DVR that will trigger a rec and email based on audio sound pressure level? Is there a SPL sensor that will trigger like the PIR?

Just as a footnote to Tom's recommendation, I stuck an indoor DSC Encore onto an exposed outdoor location a couple of years back. I taped the seams with packing tape and tried it out for the heck of it. Two years later, that sensor is still working perfectly. It has no IP rating as the plastic cover is rather flimsy. Never designed for outdoors but it worked. Okay for a DIYer but not recommended for other installations.

Also, any opinions on the GE Sentrol 6180?

do you already have a dvr or are you looking for both ???

gjd sensors and also optex / redwall are reliable

I'm looking for a DVR that will work with sensors like the Optex PIR's.

I'm looking for a DVR that will work with sensors like the Optex PIR's.

I would expect that the Optex PIR's would work with virtually any DVR that has alarm inputs. I use several types of Optex including wireless, wired, and the long-range Redwall, and all have performed well. I've also read good reviews for the Crow Daredevil.

Best,

Christopher

RS485 is not needed unless you are going to use PTZ cameras. If you want to use alarm input sensors, you just need the DVR to have alarm inputs, you do not even need alarm outputs. Any DVR that has alarm inputs will have alarm triggered recording. Others will have extra options like sending emails, alarm outputs, uploading to center, etc.