Sign in to follow this  
Rhea

Dahua motion recording

Recently I installed Dahua EDR 0804(8ch with HDMI stc) outputs. Though the sensitivity on all cams is 1, the recording pops up by itself. I have 1TB HDD installed, and more than 60% recordings are not really associated with any visible motion. And also, which is very annoying, the ALARM STATUS window keeps popping up as soon as there is some alarm. How to keep it off the screen? Am I missing something during the DVR installation? Help will be really appreciated.

Thanx for response... really, I am a novice here... in this field... not really sure what this Pss software is... I am using the machine as it came in a box, regular monitoring the cams (5 of them, all 700 lines Effio ), and , in fact, I cannot find the option "Configuration". Mind giving me a lead?

Thanx

I assume that all the Dahua GUI's are the same. Log in by right clicking on the screen, in the pull down go to admin, put in the password, and enter. You'll see several areas. Go to encode to adjust your frame rate. Go to Schedule to give it a schedule for recording. I rarely do this. Since I'm not sitting in front of my DVR I can't tell you from memory. You'll have to play around in the program until you find alarms. You can also turn off motion and just record 24/7. You have plenty of hard drive with 1 Tb and 5 cameras. If you set it up to record 24/7 you might want to set it so you can search in 15 minute blocks instead of 60 minute blocks.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I have probably a hundred Dahua's in the field. They are awesome.

Or, under the Record section, the channels may be set to schedule; manual or stop. If 'manual' is set, the channel will record continously.