angel_dj22

hello from Mexico.

Hello, my name is Angel Santos from Mexico and I need to test a pelco spectra III dome, so I joined this forum to know how to build a DIY pelco IP-cable just for video output,

I think i'll find a lot of info here.

Welcome aboard!

If I remember my Spectra IIIs (it's been a couple years since I worked on one, but I have installed several of them), there's a BNC tail for the video, a set of screw terminals for power, and some plastic screw-terminal connectors for control data.

Hi Soundy,

thanks for your replay, I have a Spectra III Dome with the Fiber card option on back box, the fiber seems to be sending a receiving data but no video, I hooked up a 2.5 lcd display on the BNC tail you mentioned but there's no video at all. So I found that it has a RJ45 port where you can hook up an IPS-Cable from Pelco to test the dome on a PC or Palm Device. The IPS-cable has a BNC conector so I thought I can make a home made IPS-Cable just to see any video signal from dome drive. I need to say that I haven't Pelco skills , most time I use other camera and DVR brands. If you have some experience with those pelco domes please share it, at this moment I realize that all latches are getting broke off before find the real problem