Sign in to follow this  
sneg_mike

Spy mics and pre amps

hey guys

is there any difference from from a spy mic with pre amp such as:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350512529076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

to just your regular spy mic ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150727557853?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Im after about 4, and they look the same to me, but I like the idea of a pre amp

mike.

Might want to take a look at the topic about microphones under Security Cameras. Lots of info about Louroe from mike_va and Soundy and Co.

Both of those look like they have preamps, based on the specs and the pics. They just don't call it out on one of them. AFAIK, all CCTV mics have preamps, as DVRs have line-level inputs.

The round bit at the end is the actual mic, and the lumpy things in the heat-shrink are the preamp components.

Im after about 4, and they look the same to me, but I like the idea of a pre amp

hi yes they both have pre amps (power gives it away) both the same in your links except the bottom one is for 10. so thats a $1 a mic.

i would pay a bit more than that. is this for a customer or for yourself ?

hi yes they both have pre amps (power gives it away) both the same in your links except the bottom one is for 10. so thats a $1 a mic.

i would pay a bit more than that. is this for a customer or for yourself ?

Its for my self, and yes I agree $1 a mic does seem too cheap, and recommendations from you guys where I can pick up some small yet mid quality mics, that will ship to Australia ?