Integratek

Is it possible to use a camera connected to DVR card as a

webcam ?

I've got one proggie here, which saying that there's no capture device found (there's kodicom card running on that machine)

So i thought that it should be possible theoretically to translate a signal from 878 to some other form, recognised by IM and other programs as a webcam.

That depends on the card used and drivers installed. If the program has a set up you may be able to change the input type from USB etc. More common Cards like BT878 are generally recognised but thats those drivers.

Card - Kodicom 4416

Drivers - Kodicom original

The program is working only with TWAIN devices

so i've got to somehow turn one of the DVR card channels into TWAIN device ...

You'd have find a way to feed it into a Twain driver. It's going to be tricky because you're going to generally have to encode it, then feed it back into a driver. Not going to be fun.

You could just go and buy a webcam?

From a cost standpoint, it would be much cheaper. We use PolyCom Via Video II webcams for video conference, they work wonderful. Pkug it in a USB port, load a little application...presto...WEBCAM

scott

The proggi i've mentioned is supplied by Pelefone (israel's first & largest cellular communications provider)

It allows to broadcast videostream from a web camera over 3G network, so i thought that broadcasting CCTV over 3G would be nice