danishh

Can you help me find a camera?

Should start off with the fact that i'm a total cctv noob.

my church is looking to set up a camera to display a live view of whatever is happening on stage to the basement. There is already an HDMI line going from our av hub to a 40" tv in the basement.

Is there a camera we can get that broadcasts 720p live video over hdmi? We have no need to record, and would like to be able to turn the camera on and off easily by just cutting the power (as it would likely be ceiling mounted).

There are a few, but they won't be particularly cheap... you might find a consumer handi-cam to be more cost-effective.

If all you are over is a live view so you know what is happening, do you really need HDMI ?

Also, what inputs does your 'media hub' have ?

Chances are that it'll have some form of composite in so you could just get a reasonably cheap 600TVL dome and a BHC-phono adapter and plug that into it.

If all you are over is a live view so you know what is happening, do you really need HDMI ?

Also, what inputs does your 'media hub' have ?

Chances are that it'll have some form of composite in so you could just get a reasonably cheap 600TVL dome and a BHC-phono adapter and plug that into it.

we do have a vga input as well (for old computers). It is then converted to hdmi and sent to the tv/projector.

the whole system was designed to show videos/presentations. We'd like to try to keep everything high-res.

Don't know of any cameras that have VGA out. I've seen a couple early-HD handycams that had component out though...

Sounds like a Sanyo VCC-HD4600 would work nicely. HDMI out and easily will do 1080p. PoE and you have remote on and off. Also has a built in 10x zoom lens. Also has internal or external via USB record capability. Not to mention it's a great CCTV camera. There not cheap, and out of production, but can still be found.