kalshienmar

qvis zues mk 11 dvr

Hi all .. i am a complete newbie to cctv. my mate has just installed a qvis mk 11 dvr 4 channel security system with 4 cameras. Every thing works grate .. i can see 4 images on my screen from the DVR , can any one tell me how to configure my computer which is also linked to the same router in my house but in a different room so i can view it wirelessy on my computer in my lounge and on my iphone. . I have downloaded a app from apple called qvis viewer which is recommended by qvis . Desperate .. Thank you

You did not say if you have the Cat5 cable connected to the router from the DVR. With my Qvis Zeus I plugged it in to the router, entered the IP (usually 192.168.1.108) and use the native IE program.

Hi mate .. thank you for the reply .. the cctv system is installed with qvis RG59 video cable with 2 core power supply cable . I have some how managed to connect my iphone 4 and my home computer to the dvr network and can view pictures on both with the help of the tec support at qvis uk. i now need help to configure my router netgear VMDG280 with port forwarding so i can connect remotely when i am at work or any where else in the world. . The people at qvis told me it is port 80 and port 37777. I rang my isp but they said they can not help me. can any one please help or configure my network remotely. I do not have a static ip address because it is a residential property and my service provider will not supply one . Thank you in advance.

You first need to open the DVR ports in your router: try thishttp://screenshots.portforward.com/Netgear/VMDG280/Port_Forwarding.htm

Follow the internet set up closely in the nelly's link above; for a free dynamic DNS account try no-ip since dyndns is cutting back free services.

If your router does not recognize no-ip you will have to either use their update client (with a computer always on) or update you IP manually.

Then you input the dns domain you created into PSS or IE. When using the IE version of the DVR software enter a colon followed by the web port number. I use 8080 since 80 is sometimes blocked.

Hi Jason .. Just like to thank you very much for your help and links .. i don't no how i did considering i have no knowledge about ports and networking but i have mananged to successfully net work my dvr .. i can now access it from any other pc .. i have a dynamic ip address so managed to to set my self an account with no-ip.com too.

Hi Jason .. Just like to thank you very much for your help and links .. i don't no how i did considering i have no knowledge about ports and networking but i have mananged to successfully net work my dvr .. i can now access it from any other pc .. i have a dynamic ip address so managed to to set my self an account with no-ip.com too.

Awesome! " title="Applause" />

It was way over my hear the first time I did it but it is not bad after setting up a few more times. Just make sure No-IP has a source for keeping your dynamic IP up to date.