npire1

Force Boot 8 channel H.264 DVR

Hello does any one know how I can force my dvr (Model TV-700-8D) to accept fresh copy of its firmware.

The box will not boot correctly and there is no display so I cant use the upgrade option?

Hi, Its a standalone dvr! I have opened it up and it has a main board with network, 2xusb, alarm connections and pc monitor connection. A hard disc, a separate board for the camera connections and front panel board !

You would need to find out the exact manufacturer of the DVR before going any further. Each one can have their own methods of repair.

But for starters, did this just start, how long was it working prior to this, was the monitor changed at all?

It was working for over a year. I bought it from a company called Inesun and the manufacturer is Shenzhen Techvision Co.,Ltd.

It turns on and hard disc sounds and on the front panel the power light comes on and when a network cable is inserted it flickers on the board and on the front panel. Have it connected to my Samsung lcd tv for over a year. I have also tried the video out but get no display? It would normally bleep when started up but it does not so I am guessing either there is a board fault or hopefully the software is stuck somehow?

To answer your other question the unit alarm sounded and then re-booted it self a few times. I wondered if the hard disc needed formating so I ran the option to clear it. Was Working then next day it was showing the screen with the message H.264. re booted then no screen since.

Tried different hd but no different! May have to get a new one. Was looking at the Aver Digi Nano 8 ch as recommended by some here!