Sign in to follow this  
jetfxr27

Practical info on a Pelco Spectra DD53C22

I am an amateur/ hobbyist when it comes to CCTV type stuff and haven't ventured past consumer grade Security cameras and DVR's.

I came across a delco Spectra DD53C22 and it doesn't look anything like I have ever fooled with. obviously its professional grade stuff.

My question is , is there anyway to test/ use it without the backbox? I hate to spend the money on a backbox and turns out the camera is bad.

Thanks for the help,

Jet

There really isn't any way to test it without the back box. The video, power and data lines are all connected to the back box. You can use a Spectra II or III back box door assembly to test it, you don't need the entire housing unit.

You can test the video and power of it without the data, but you need the data line to test the pan tilt and zoom part. The data line comes from a code translator system. With all of that, it gets tricky and complicated with dip switch settings and whatnot...

My advice is to send it to Pelco or Moore's Electronics and have them test it, it would be so much cheaper for you. If they tell you it works and nothing is wrong with it then you could go ahead and sell it for at least $900.