spunnicci83

Geovision IP Cameras Motion Help

I have Geovision IP Cameras and Geovision 8.5. THe cameras are mounted outside and i am recording on motion. the cameras seem to be recording to much. ive masked out roads ect., turned noise sensitivity to max, i had motion on 9.2 and it recorded everything i wanted but to much also i set down to 8 and i still have too much empty video but now its not recording actaul movement. how can i find a balance? can anyone let me know what settings have worked for them?

All cameras have issues with video motion detection outdoors as any breeze, reflection or car headlghts can cause a shadow that triggers motion detection. These shadows or reflections can be larger than the object you are trying to capture.

If you want more accuracy, I believe Geovision NVR solution offers analytics where it may make more intelligent choices about what is a person verses a shadow. The other alternative would be to use an external PIR motion detector and Bosch has a good selection of outdoor sensors thay may work with Geovision as many cameras have external alarm inputs for this.