Sign in to follow this  
graphicw

Kodicom KMC8416N Questions and Drivers

I recently acquired a Kodicom KMC8416N capture card. I am quite familiar with the fairly common KMC8416A capture cards on the market, but this is my first time of having come across a KMC8416N. I cannot find any drivers that work with this card. It is using four Nextchip NVP1004 IC's along with an A-Logics APC-915 and SAA7121H for video processing functions. There is a large IC on the board that is branded Kodicom and identified as a KM480. The identification information stamped on the PCB is as follows:

KMC8416N

2007. 04. 03.

Rev : 0V2

This is like no other 8416 series board that I have ever seen in the past. On the slot cover there is a port with 26 pins in three rows, a port that appears like an ethernet port though there is not any circuitry to support ethernet funtions on the card that I can identify and a BNC video out. The card has two IDE style connectors on the top as well as a 4-pin power commector just the the more common 8416A's. The top 26 pin and 34 pin ports seem to be used in the same way as they are with the 8416A. There are two 7 pin headers and two 2 pin headers on this card as well. It also has a XILINX XC95144XL IC which appears to be a CPLD. The board has several Amp circuits in the forms of two AD7812's and four LM324DG's which suggests it has audio in capability, possibly as many 16 channels though I cannot tell since I cannot see all the traces being that it is a multi-layered board. The PCB has three 64 megabit Samsung DRAM chips on it arranged around the KM480 IC. I cannot find any schematics, drivers or information anywhere on this card. It seems to be a rare limited production card that was put out just before Kodicom went under. Not even any of the common clone manufacturers and hacks in China are making this card as they do the more common Kodicom hardware. I was hoping that someone else had run across the card before and had some information that could help me in putting it to good use.

Thanks

Wow, I must have a truely rare card as nobody has offered their advice yet. I have gotten a driver that appears to work for part of card's function. No it is a matter of finding a software that will work with. It looks like the drive to be concerned with was the one involving the Phillips SAA chip on the card. It may possibly work with Zoneminder, but not with any of the audio capture or other functions it appears to have.

I am getting closer, I have figured out how to wire the card for sound and video. The card works in Linux. No luck with Windows yet.