I have a new Geovision GV800-4 card (BNC connectors), and wish to upgrade for more channels. It appears that the 8 and 16 chanel versions are the same card. I beleive that you only need the BNC extension board and maybe some new porgrammable logic. There is a microcontroller and some logic in sockets on the board. I think these need to be changed to enable more channels.

Does anyone know a source for new logic and the BNC cards to do this upgrade?

Thanks

No can do. GeoVision will require you to buy a complete new board assembly, as it is a great marketing method they use to keep the cash flowing. You are correct that the board "could" be upgraded if you were able to get your hands on the chips and BNC extensions. UDP can provide the extensions, but GeoVision giving or even selling you the new chipset is not very likely.

scottj

Forgive me for asking, I came in on the tail end of this conversation ...There's a company named UDP? ("who is UDP?" & "They make Geovision's cards.").

The UDP I'm familiar with is an acronym for User Datagram Protocol, an alternative to the connection-oriented protocol, TCP, and used by gamers and other applications where performance is key. UDP is a connectionless networking protocol which trades speed for security ... there's no guarantee the packets will arrive in sequence, or even arrive at all, but it's faster, sometimes significantly faster, than TCP. 'course there may be some additional delay to reassemble the packets in the order they were transmitted.

I saw something similar some number of years ago where a company took their name from a Windows software development term. I wonder how many companies over the years have derived their name from Windows development, or in the case of UDP, from a protocol name.

I can't help but wonder if there's a company out there somewhere named "Sockets" or BSI (Berkeley Sockets Interface).

Oh well ... best wishes to all,

bill