crackedbox

High speed internet DVR

Hi,

I am a CCTV installer/integrator. I just happen to wonder is there a high speed DVR to cater our market here. Most of my clients are on 20mbps download/upload internet connection speed.

Main reason being would be a more clearer remote monitoring via http/software since the image compression can be reduced as the high speed internet connection is able to upload the images to the client more efficiently.

Please input.

TQ

The problem you run into with that is that most video is already being compressed for more efficient storage, so in many cases there's little advantage to the ability to re-stream at substantially high bandwidths.

Well, most already have 100Mbit network connections, if not gigabit... most will stream their video out as fast as the connection will allow. SOME will recompress the video for streaming and either auto-detect the speed, or allow the user to select the max speed... what other benefits are you looking for? As it is, most will let you use the full bandwidth you have available (since they're also designed to stream over 100Mbit or faster LAN)... the thing that's limiting video quality is most often the concessions made for reducing storage requirements - bitrate, framerate, resolution, etc.

I think u have to jump to IP megapix cams

U will get higher res images and smooth video on client computers

to truly take advantages of higher bandwidth connections

That what I notice so far with some of my customers

"CIF or D1" is still "CIF or D1" whether u have fast or slow connections

it's sucks