el_didi

PCI Capture Cards that support alternative software like...

Hello, as many of you know most of the PCI capture cards include its own surveillance software without possibility to use another one. For example Geovision.

So the question is: Which well known capture cards can be used with alternative surveillance software like WebcamXP, I-Catcher, ActiveWebcam and many other? (For Windows XP or 7)

For those who doesnt know, WebcamXP and the other software let you use different devices like:

. USB webcams

. TV cards, analog or multi-input capture cards

. IP Cameras (JPEG/MJPEG/MPEG4)

And let you configure diferents motion detection, alerts and scheduled records, between many other features.

Thanks mates!

Hello, as many of you know most of the PCI capture cards include its own surveillance software without possibility to use another one. For example Geovision.

I don't think there's anything preventing you from using different software with GV cards. The GV software itself checks for legitimate GV cards and will only work with those... but the cards don't check what software is accessing them.

VideoInsight worked the same in older versions: the VI software only worked with VI-branded cards; however, I once put a VI card in a Vigil DVR (same chipset, same design, essentially the same card) and it fired right up and worked, since the Vigil server isn't checking for a branded card.

For those who doesnt know, WebcamXP and the other software let you use different devices like:

. USB webcams

. TV cards, analog or multi-input capture cards

. IP Cameras (JPEG/MJPEG/MPEG4)

And let you configure diferents motion detection, alerts and scheduled records, between many other features.

Wow, that's impressive... aside from TV cards, that puts it up there with just about every other professional DVR package out there. This is like saying a certain brand of car is special because it comes with seats.