shakerfawzi

Samsung DVR sde-5001n recording all night on motion detect.

I setup a Samsung DVR sde-5001n to record on events, and chose the event to be on motion detection all the time.. during the day it runs fine on motion detection, but when its at night its recording continuously for some odd reason without any motion. I'm hoping anyone out there had this problem and solved it

Thanks

It's probably the noise in the image caused by too much gain - when it's too dark, the camera electronically boosts the image level, but the low-level electrical noise gets boosted as well, which usually causes things like shifting color blocks in the picture, which can trigger motion detection.

Does this happen on all the cameras, or just some? What cameras are they?

If they're IR cameras, you can also get bugs or even just dust in the air triggering motion detection, as these things are very reflective of the IR light.

Thats exactly what i thought when i looked in the reply, but thought samsung thought about that already.. 1 of the cameras has light so this one almost works properly, the other 3 are placed in pitch black and those are the one im getting a problem with, i just changed the motion detection level on different levels for the 3 cameras to see what happens tonight, im also wondering would the recording qualtity have to do anything with that? cause i bumped that to the max

those are the cameras

3 of those:

http://www.samsungsv.com/Product/Detail/9/Samsung-SEB-1005R-Weatherproof-Night-Vision-Camera

http://www.samsungsv.com/Product/Detail/13/Samsung-SED-1001R-Night-Vision-Indoor-Dome-Camera-

Thanks a lot Soundy