Sign in to follow this  
MaxIcon

Network watchdog to reboot PC?

I'm having issues with one of my NVR PCs dropping the network connection intermittently, maybe once every week or two. So far, the only way to get it back online is to reboot, and because it's so infrequent, it's a bit hard to troubleshoot.

Does anyone know of a Windows network watchdog program that can reboot a PC if it drops out, maybe after failing to ping the gateway router or something similar? I've found a fair bit of *nix stuff, but nothing yet for Windows.

try this.

Im in australia so i got them through someone that imports those.

http://dataprobe.com/iboot-remote-reboot.php

I've used a couple of these on a few sites.

You can run the watchdog software on the pc and/or have the iboot ping the nvr.

I have it setup for both, but make sure on the ping you allow enough time for the nvr to start up otherwise you will end up in a reboot loop.

Cheers,

Ash

Thanks for the pointer; that's a very handy device. I'm hoping for a software solution, but this would solve a different problem that I've had with remote access while on the road. The only problem is I've got all my non-NVR PCs encrypted now, and need something to let me type in the password remotely before the boot, which is a whole different level of problem.

Based on a suggestion on another forum, I'm looking at a batch file running under windows scheduler. I'll see how that works out.

I'm having issues with one of my NVR PCs dropping the network connection intermittently, maybe once every week or two. So far, the only way to get it back online is to reboot, and because it's so infrequent, it's a bit hard to troubleshoot.

Does anyone know of a Windows network watchdog program that can reboot a PC if it drops out, maybe after failing to ping the gateway router or something similar? I've found a fair bit of *nix stuff, but nothing yet for Windows.

Google ip power bar