ck38

Need DVR motion detection fullscreen no boarder.

Hi I have a 8ch unbranded H.264 DVR, bought as a system from Ebay.

The DVR motion detection has 180 blocks for selecting Hide/Show. However the outer margin of blocks are not selectable for motion detection. Is it posible to change this so the whole screen is motion detection enabled.

Alternatively can anyone recommend a 4 or 8ch DVR that has full screen motion detection.

I think you have it backwards. The boarder on all our sides makes it impossible to mask out all those blocks within the boarders. That can make it difficult to fully block out motion if something extends into any one of those blocks. I have the same thing, but somehow nothing falls within a boarder block. But I know of no solution for it.

I recently set up my blocks and for my purposes, I deselected the outside blocks. Not enough information in those images when they are triggered.

My screen needs the blocks to be filled in to enable motion detection in that block. The outside blocks are not able to be selected. Therefore 50 of the 180 blocks can not have motion detection.

If this can not be changed then could anyone recommend a dvr that can have full screen motion detection.

Thanks.

No the sensitivity is fine for the area avaliable for motion detection. The problem is boarder can not be selected for motion detection. Therefore only about 60% of the viewable area can be setup for motion detection. I need the whole viewable area to be motion detection. Just to clarify my Effio 700TVL cameras are at max viewing angle already. The motion detection is setup on my DVR as opposed to on the cameras.

If my current DVR can not be changed then i need another that will record 4 channels in D1 with full screen motion detection. Also my current 1TB DVR continously records and then seperately marks motion events which i would like to keep.

Not sure the boarder is really a big deal. As a whole it's a lot of boxes, but you're talking the boarders. Not having them pick up motion won't affect the overall ability to catch motion, seriously. Anything bigger than a fly will be caught by every other box anyway. Outside boarders won't make the difference, imo. But- upgrade away, no harm in that. It wouldn't be enough for me to upgrade though.

No the sensitivity is fine for the area avaliable for motion detection. The problem is boarder can not be selected for motion detection. Therefore only about 60% of the viewable area can be setup for motion detection. I need the whole viewable area to be motion detection. Just to clarify my Effio 700TVL cameras are at max viewing angle already. The motion detection is setup on my DVR as opposed to on the cameras.

If my current DVR can not be changed then i need another that will record 4 channels in D1 with full screen motion detection. Also my current 1TB DVR continously records and then seperately marks motion events which i would like to keep.

Google "ESDV-FULLD1-4". Should fit all your requirements.

The problem is boarder can not be selected for motion detection.

you do know that motion detection and motion record are two types of setup.

My screen needs the blocks to be filled in to enable motion detection

just switch your recording method to motion record (same thing) and then you will also have 5sec pre record

motion setup is not for your camera full field its for putting detection zones in the field of view.

Hi thanks for the replies.

My recording does start 5secs before trigger just didn`t know the correct term for it.

Becuase of my camera angle i want the motion to trigger on the very left side and top side of the screen. I am happy with the field of view so don`t want to move the camera.

Is it normal for a DVR not to detect right up the edge of the viewable area?

Thanks.

Is it normal for a DVR not to detect right up the edge of the viewable area?

hi . with your dvr set to record motion yes it will do the edge. just dont use motion detect settings.

Hi had a look and my DVR only has a motion detect option where the boarder ca not be used. Now thinking if im going to upgrade anyway i might try IP.

Thanks.