jacksondillard

PTZ Controller/Camera/DVR Install-PLEASE HELP!

hello

I am up to my head in different ways of dealing with security around my bosses home.

I two PTZ Dome camera+ptz controller from ebay - they came from china and manuals are confusing. Anyways i need help ffiguring out what i need. I know i need something having to do with a balun. I don't know much about this.

I currently have a security black box comp running vista on it and have bnc+power cable buried to the camera locations. i unplugged one of my cameras and put up the ptz to test it outand i get a picture on the black box but i dont know how to use the controller i know that one of the three wires coming from the ptz isn't being used. i know i need an rs485 adapter on the back of my computer, but what else do i need and where can i get rs485 wirebecasue i need to get more to run from the controller as well

im confused!

I just set up a USB RS 485 converter on a PC based DVR. Check out this post and make sure you open/assign a COM port for the usb

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30189

Wire PTZ to converter and jump to DVR. Make sure you have a data wire (I have a separate Cat5) run from the DVR to the camera. For two PTZs make sure you assign an individual address to the PTZs (from the DVR).

have bnc+power cable buried to the camera locations.

hi. your problem is going to be data. if your cable is buried and cant add extra data then you will need to look at other options. power over coax and then use the old power cable for your data. or remote rs485