Hi all,

Was hoping someone could advise please.

What is the 'output path' that you would need to put in a browser to get a live stream from an MPEG-4 ASP compliant camera?

For example, I think with an MJPEG stream you would use something like: http://camera.ip/now.jpg?snap=spush [advice from this forum]

But I can't find any info on the format of what I need to type to retrieve the stream from an MPEG-4 camera.

Hope this makes sense as I am not that familiar with the correct terminology to explain what I hope to do!

There is no generic URL for all "x-codec" cameras. The line you quoted above is for an IQEye, but probably won't work on any other JPEG cameras. You'd have to look up the documentation for the specific camera you're dealing with and hope they list such info (IQ is really good with documenting their cameras' capabilities and features... others, maybe not so much).

Hi Soundy,

Many thanks for your reply. You got exactly what I was trying to find out. I thought there would be 'generic' URL, but not!

I now have the details to hand of the camera I am trying to get a direct feed from (as I wanted to embed a live feed in a web page, like can be done with an IQEye).

I looked at the documentation for this camera and there are no details on the URL path I need to use...

The only thing that I have been able to determine is that I can only view an image using Internet Explorer (something to do with ActiveX?) only when I log in to the camera's administration page.

Otherwise I can't open a browser window and get a direct feed - like with other IP cameras.

I have the technical detail .pdf and have copied here some further info which might help. If I have missed anything I can copy all the information or send the .pdf.

ERNITEC: EIP120D-P12P

Protocols: TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP, PPPoE, RTP, RTSP, FTP, SMTP

Dual MPEG-4 video stream output via LAN & WAN (PPPoE supported) ports concurrently

MPEG-4 ASP compliant compression

Many thanks for all your help!

This is one of the things I'd like to see vendors program into the firmware on every camera.

That is, when you go to the web page for management, the network or stream settings page should show what the strings are for each stream, as well as what the ports are currently set to. I'm running a handfull of different cameras and have to keep notes on each in my phone so I have them when I need them.