jasper666

Video distortion at night

Anybody recognize this type of distortion and/or know how to fix it? Newly installed camera, not sure if it is defective or I've set something up wrong. Day is fine, night is distorted.

day:

5NzVlMWAw-c

night:

LGBd2UKLRXY

Thanks. The adapter is 12V/1A (at least that's what it says on it), the camera 12v/500mA. Thought that would work.

Tried plugging that adapter into a different camera with the same rating and got no picture.

I'll get a hold of a 12v/500mA one, see if that helps.

The power supply itself is more than sufficient (seriously, a 500mA adapter is not going to solve the problem if the 1A isn't cutting it).

The WIRE may not be - the thinner and longer your power run is, the more voltage you lose, especially when the camera is drawing more power (such as when the IR turns on).

How long is the power run, and what size is the wire?

Wow- that's like a horizontal roll going there. Power starve can cause that roll? How many channels is your dvr? Have you hooked it up to a different channel in the dvr to see if it helps? At night, have your tried wiggling the bnc connector in the back of the dvr to see if it clears? Where is the power adapter hooked up? Anything else sharing the outlet? I have a couple 100' spaghetti runs with that spec power and adapter and don't have a problem. But that roll thing going on- weird.

Yeah, it's the cable. I'm able to recreate that effect by jiggling the supply side of the power cable. Thanks folks.